Friday, January 2, 2009

Virgo

Late September and the warm rain has fallen
three hours since we first kissed.
35 minutes since you've left,
and three years now I remember right

Me, alone on an evergreen lawn
here in a wet T-shirt at a breaking dawn
Incredible, indelible fragile me,
remembers every heartbeat's hurt,

the ripples of your tongue immediately
broke the silence of my neon chains,
and all that remains are sudden refrains
a glowing ember of glitter,
so unseatingly, sparking in pain

Emphatically unsubversive
is the shape of our hearts,
Remember! We're not yet
quite as traditional as those old farts,
but still I remember

Sinewed, solid arms refusing to release,
I remember Love:
unreasonable, unrebellious,
unbelievable U--
men were built to fight, but boy
I'd wage war if Love dared to be true

But today is Sunday in September.
the rain now cold, and the earth went wet--
I breathe in the fecundity of slippery soil,
and my heart can't help but hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment